CCC Tuesday Updates – 20191022
October 22, 2019
- That was fun!! No rain, no real mud, clear blue sky, temperate temps, and racing at the location we planned. The Main St Bikes Sasquatch Squadron never disappoints and put together another great Carpentersville CX. And you all showed up (largest attendance so far this season) to put on the real show. Thanks and congratulations to everyone who raced, supported, officiated, scored, announced, cheered, spectated, or just showed up to see what this CX thing is all about.
- Links to all results are here.
- Photos by SnowyMountain Photography are here. Mike Nauman‘s photos are here.
- REMEMBER if you upgrade this week (from your USA Cycling profile page) and want 1/2 your CCC series points to follow you to the next category, please contact us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail by Thursday. We will NOT automatically transfer your points. See the rules/FAQ page here. Also if you have been winning or hitting the podium the first 4 weeks of the series in the Cat 4’s or Cat 3’s, it time to cat up.
- Next up, the series travels to Bartlett for ABD Sunrise Park CX hosted by Athletes By Design. Check back on Thursday for the regularly scheduled preview or look here now.
- If you can’t wait until Sunday, our friends up North of the border are hosting their race on Saturday at CrossFire in Sun Prairie. It’s their Halloween race (ours is next week at Campton), and they’ve been kind enough to create the Reg discount code “outofstate” for $10 off for Illinois folks heading north. Online reg closes at midnight on Wednesday.
- If you didn’t see it on Twitter, CCC super-fan Jordan Morrell put together this handy GoogleMap of self service car washes near all the CCC series events (although he’ll need to add ILR x 3) to wash off your bike, clothes, shoes, dog, etc. Check it out, and thanks Jordan!
- And finally… Series sponsor ABUS Locks has put together a sweepstakes to raffle off 3 of their sweet, sweet Bordo locks that have been hand painted by the rad folks out in California at Squid Bikes. Even better, the proceeds will benefit our friends at Blackstone Bicycle Works and West Town Bikes. Check it out, drop a few cash dollars and maybe win a fresh new lock. All the details over here: https://go.rallyup.com/abus-lock-raffle